Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sequel to the ice-cream analogy

Things happen, don't they? And fast. Before I could finish my thoughts about the analogy between the olive oil ice-cream and relationship, I have already had something more to write as a "sequel" to it.

I mentioned that I needed to make up my mind and dealt with it "the way I want". I guess that "the way I want" has changed due to what just happened very recently. I decide to bend a ear for listening, give hugs for warmth, and offer shoulder for you to cry on if needed. As you walk forward and move on with your life, I will let go. Don't bother turning around, because I will still stay where I am so that you can find me when you need. I won't leave until you can walk forward far enough that you don't need to/can't see me anymore. Then it will be time for me to take a bow and retreat from your life as if I have never been there.

If you are merely a "habit", why am I feeling, um, sad?

No comments: